Translohr tramways on tyres combine the performance of a guided system running on a central rail and the benefits of a vehicle with tyres: Improved braking performance due to the grip of the tyres, silent running, and a unique capacity to overcome grades up to 13%.
Translohr tramways on tyres are special in their ability to mesh with existing street layouts, with a narrow gauge and a very short turning radius, which are particularly suited to travel within a historic city centre with tight curves and a unique topography.
Translohr trams can contain 3 to 6 cars (up to 358 passengers – Translohr STE6, 6p/m²).
- Guidance provided by two V-shaped rollers tilted 45°
- Single-track route with built-in guidance on each axle
- Improved braking performance owing to the grip of the tyres
- Cab with panoramic view for the driver
Autonomy & environment
- On-board batteries
- Electrical guided system without CO2 emissions